Friday, December 2, 2016

Random Gilmore Girls Fandom

I'm a little bit lazy tonite, so you're going to get a hit list of random thoughts I have about the "Gilmore Girls" universe:

  • Sookie (Melissa McCarthy) is, like, totally the best. I mean, she makes all the awesome food and (unless she's with child) is always super happy. I love, love, LOVE Sookie!! Who's with me?

  • Paris (Liza Weil). Yes, she's cray-cray, but I am sort of in awe of her. She's a force to be reckoned with - and Savannah says that if I was a combo of two GG characters, I'd totally be Lorelai/Paris. So, of course, I have to think she's a-MAY-zing!

  • Lorelai's Jeep. I like it, I love it, and I totally understand why she wants to replace it with the same exact vehicle when it finally dies. 

  • Harvard, Yale, all the Ivies I dreamed of going to and never did. I didn't even finish my bachelor's degree - but I totes love that Rory always dreamed big and made it happen. (and, yeah, a little bit jealous)

  • Town meetings. I fantasize (there will be more about this in a later post) about being part of a small town like Stars Hollow where they have town meetings and weird festivals and everyone is all up in everyone's business. Then I remember that I sort of hate getting to know my neighbors and figure it's probably just as well that I stay in the city. 

  • Dean - I SO hated him the first time I watched the series. He seemed like such a pussy. Then I saw him on "Supernatural" as Sam (Jared Padalecki) - whose older brother (YUM!) is Dean (Jensen Ackles). It was an odd, fascinating coincidence. Then the boys took a tour of Warner Bros. studios on "Supernatural" and saw where "Gilmore Girls" was filmed. It was a sublime and wonderful moment. Now, even though Dean (Winchester) will always have my heart (and any other parts he might take a fancy to), I just can't hate Dean (douchey-boyfriend of Rory) anymore. 
Pussy Dean
Sam Winchester - not a pussy (usually)

MY Dean...oh yeah...

  • Jess was sort of a dick. On first viewing I was all over the Jess situation, but now I don't really like him (except that he's the beautiful Milo Ventimiglia) until he moves away and gets his shit together. THAT Jess is the one that Rory should run to. 

  • The Pixies. They've been one of my favorite bands forEVER and they show up more than once in the pithy dialogue. Just one example of the awesome music references peppered throughout the series. 

  • Sherry (Madchen Amick) was really, really weird. And really immature. And a snob. And just not that awesome. But, of course, she fell for Christopher so that's one HUGE character flaw right there. And when she's in labor with Gigi and her hair is suddenly bleached blonde (in, like, a really bad way) - what was that all about? My best guess is she was working on something else and they needed her for this one episode so they just let the bad (REALLY bad) hair slide. 
  • I didn't totally hate the 7th season. I just watched it for the first time in preparation for the new episodes, and I must admit that I didn't hate it. There are things in it that I hated (like Lorelai and Christopher getting married) but the last three episodes gave me all the feels and had me verklempt despite my best efforts to be tough and aloof and recognize that it's only a show!


I've got more to say - but I have 19 days left after today (today is Day 20) and that means I need to post 19 more blogs, so I'll save the rest for later. Thanks for playing! 

Day #20 - Gilmore Girls Words to Live By

"But Mrs. Kim --
she says that fries are the devil's starchy fingers."


No comments: