Thursday, December 24, 2009

Traditional Victorian S#@t!!


I have finalized my sanity-challenged Victorian dinner menu (sans goose--I was denied!):

Oysters
Liver Pate
Cheese & Crackers
Mini-caprese appetizers (NOT traditional)
Roasted Duck with Port Wine Sauce
Apple-stuffed Roasted Pork Loin
Roasted Brussels Sprouts in Cream & Butter
Sage & Onion Dressing
Mashed Potatoes
Macaroni & Cheese (NOT traditional--for kids)
Christmas Pudding with Hard Sauce (butter, sugar, rum, brandy & white wine) (Jeff will set on fire!)
Cranberries
Chocolate Ganache Cake (courtesy of Terri & her awesome cake ways!)
Shrub (traditional brandy & orange juice punch)
Kid punch
Eggnog
Wine
Soda

Last weekend Savannah & I boiled the pudding & mixed up the shrub. Today I will make the pate and cranberries.

It should be awesome--or an awesome story if all else fails!!!

No comments: